SP FTS HistoChill – Temperature-Controlled Bath
A Temperature-Controlled Bath that you can rely on to support your research whatever the weather. Designed by our experts to meet your tissue refrigeration needs, the SP FTS HistoChill is perfect for the rapid freezing of tissue samples in histology and pathology laboratories. With a built-in magnetic stirrer and mechanical refrigeration, the HistoChill is suitable for many applications. Don’t delay, keep cool with the SP FTS HistoChill.
Available in two configurations
- SP FTS HistoChill for your general freezing applications
- SP FTS HistoChill advanced model for more stringent applications
Experience a new level of refrigeration with the SP FTS HistoChill™ Temperature-Controlled Bath. The most efficient way to freeze precious tissue samples up to -80°C.
Thanks to mechanical refrigeration, you can say goodbye to the tedious and expensive process of storing, crushing, and handling dry ice, leaving you to focus on the more important aspects of your research. The HistoChill also utilizes a liquid medium to rapidly and thoroughly freeze samples, minimizing ice crystal formation compared with the slow freezing rates encountered in a cryotome.
The SP FTS HistoChill features:
- Built in magnetic stirrer
- Advanced temperature control, including digital set point
- Perfect for more stringent, tissue specific, or R&D applications
- Snap Freezing of Biological Samples & Tissues
- Mohs Surgery
Features & Benefits
- Consistent temperatures - insulated chamber lid ensures that the temperature always remains stable while liquid medium increases temperature uniformity and stability of specimen
- Built to meet demand - increase laboratory throughput and freeze tissue samples in seconds
- Reliable results! Minimize ice crystal formation with rapid freezing, making microscopic examination of the sample more precise
- Warming loop on the upper outside wall of the refrigeration chamber reduces frost build-up when introducing and extracting samples from the bath
- Mechanical refrigeration eliminates costs and hazards associated with expendable refrigerants